BOTOX® COSMETIC & HYPERHIDROSIS
Halifax Botox® Services
Discover the proven results that 11 million women and men have experienced. With real, noticeable results, no surgery and no recovery time, there are many reasons why BOTOX® Cosmetic has been chosen by millions of patients and their doctors.
Dr. Christian Hackshaw MD uses BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments to temporarily relax the muscles that contribute to a tired appearance. BOTOX® can treat moderate-
BOTOX® can improve areas around the eyes, forehead, and mouth including:
- Frown lines between the brow
- Crow’s feet
- Upper and lower lip lines
- Horizontal forehead lines
It can also be used to elevate the brow for a more refreshed appearance. When injected into the facial muscles, BOTOX® relaxes the muscle, prevents contractions, and keeps the skin smooth.
BOTOX® Cosmetic Procedure & Hyperhidrosis
The procedure is simple, takes just a few minutes and lasts for months. To begin we will inject specific areas of muscle using a tiny needle. The surrounding tissue will remain unaffected, as BOTOX® only affects the muscle into which it is injected. The procedure is performed at our fully accredited facility, and takes about 20 to 30 minutes. Afterwards, you can return to your normal, everyday activities.
BOTOX® treatments can be combined with other procedures, such as injectable fillers, for an even better and longer-
Botox® can also treat excessive sweating/Hyperhidrosis. Now there is a solution. Learn more about hyperhidrosis. http://www.sweatless.ca
BOTOX® Cosmetic Recovery & Results
There is no downtime following your BOTOX® treatment. Some patients may experience some slight bruising and swelling, but can still return to normal activities after treatment.
After about 3 or 4 days following your treatment, you will begin to notice some results, which typically last from 3 to 5 months. The treatment can be repeated as soon as you need it again, and the effects tend to last longer with subsequent treatments.
Halifax Botox Frequently Asked Questions
What is BOTOX® Cosmetic?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in people 18 to 65 years of age for a short period of time (temporary).
BOTOX® Cosmetic is administered by a healthcare professional as a simple, nonsurgical treatment that is injected directly into the muscles between the brows. It works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes moderate to severe lines to form between the brows. Individual results may vary.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of the “11s,” the moderate-
Within days, you may see a marked improvement in the moderate-
Visible results have been shown to last up to 4 months. Your own results may vary – be sure to talk to your healthcare provider about what you can expect and when to schedule your next appointment.
Discomfort is usually minimal and brief. Prior to injection, your physician may choose to numb the area with a cold pack or anesthetic cream. The entire procedure takes approximately 10 minutes. Most patients are in and out of the physician’s office without downtime following BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment. Side effects associated with the injection include localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, swelling, redness, and/or bleeding/bruising.
Although the results are visible, a treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA) will not radically change your facial appearance or make you look as if you’ve “had work done.” The muscle activity that causes frown lines between the brows is temporarily reduced, so you can still frown or look surprised without the wrinkles and creases between your brows.
Do not take BOTOX® Cosmetic if you:
- are allergic to any of the ingredients in BOTOX® or BOTOX® Cosmetic.
- had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin product such as Myobloc® or Dysport®
- have a skin infection at the planned injection site
- You should not be treated with BOTOX® Cosmetic if you have:
- a disease that affects your muscles and nerves (such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis [ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease], myasthenia gravis or Lambert-
- allergies to any botulinum toxin product
- had any side effect from any botulinum toxin product in the past
- a breathing problem, such as asthma or emphysema
- swallowing problems
- bleeding problems
- plans to have surgery
- had surgery on your face
- weakness of your forehead muscles, such as trouble raising your eyebrows
- drooping eyelids
- any other change in the way your face normally looks
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if BOTOX® Cosmetic can harm your unborn baby
- are breast-
feeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if BOTOX® Cosmetic passes into breast milk.
- dry mouth
- discomfort or pain at the injection site
- neck pain
- eye problems such as double vision, blurred vision, decreased eyesight, drooping eyelids, swelling of your eyelids, and dry eyes
- allergic reactions; symptoms of an allergic reaction to BOTOX® or BOTOX® Cosmetic may include: itching, rash, red itchy welts, wheezing, asthma symptoms, or dizziness or feeling faint. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you are wheezing or have asthma symptoms, or if you become dizzy or faint.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
These are not all the possible side effects of BOTOX® and BOTOX® Cosmetic. For more information, ask your doctor or pharmacist. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
If you do not continue treatments, the moderate-
Yes, individual results may vary. To get the best results, it’s important to go to a doctor who is experienced in administering BOTOX® Cosmetic.
The information in this article was taken from https://www.botoxcosmetic.com/faq
Visit the BOTOX® Cosmetic website http://www.botoxcosmetic.com for more great information including before and after pictures and testimonials.